Sunday, November 20, 2011

Manga Rec #1 - The Wallflower 1: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge by Tomoko Hayakawa (Perfect Girl Evolution)


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
The Wallflower 1: Yamatonadeshiko Shichihenge by Tomoko Hayakawa (also known as Perfect Girl Evolution)


Translated by David Ury


MAKEOVER OF THE CENTURY
It’s a gorgeous, spacious mansion, and four handsome, fifteen-year-old friends are allowed to live in it for free! There’s only one condition–that within three years the guys must transform the owner’s wallflower niece into a lady befitting the palace in which they all live! How hard can it be?
Enter Sunako Nakahara, the agoraphobic, horror-movie-loving, pockmark-faced, frizzy-haired, fashion-illiterate recluse who tends to break into explosive nosebleeds whenever she sees anyone attractive. This project is going to take more than our four heroes ever expected: it needs a miracle!


_______________________________

My Review:


Normally I wouldn't review a manga, but this one is just so perfect, so one of a kind, I just can't help myself. It's one of the funniest, most exciting stories I've ever read!


The great thing about manga is that you can actually follow how the mangaka's skills grow as the volumes come out, how she perfects her art slowly, but surely. Better drawings and even better tales every single time. :)


You can easily understand why I like this manga so much. The heroine is a very strong young lady, she can fight like nobody's business (especially with a katana), she loves horror movies, skulls and skeletons, monsters, swords and her favorite time of the year is Halloween. Also, she makes a mean fried shrimp.


Sunako is just so shy and cute and such a weirdo! LOL How can you possibly not love her? *-*
















Oh, and there's also the anime version, for those who prefer it. I've watched it and it's pretty nice, but I still like my manga better. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great manga. I thought I might say, you may want to also add "Perfect Girl Evolution" to the name as that's a popular name it's known under.
    (That's what I knew it as for the longest time.)

    Funny funny manga!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)