Friday, September 14, 2012

#FF - Feature and Follow #31


Feature and Follow is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee's View.
Lovely button by Reading Into Hiding.


Q: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?

I really don't want to instigate people's killing instincts any more than I normally do, but if I have to be honest, I'll just say it:

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)I can't understand all the hype that surged over Throne of Glass. I mean, it was an okay book, but... seriously? Normally I love books like that, with awesome heroines and weird heroes... but this one? Not so much.

Another silly book that, in my opinion got WAY too much marketing promotion was Starcrossed. I couldn't even get through the first chapter! O.o Sure, the author is very attractive, the premise is awesome and the cover is GORGEOUS. But the content... meh.

If next week's question is about the hyped up books that DID live up to the all the talk, I have some fantastic winners lined up here.Both of them got me from the first sentence.
_____________________________

Okay, then. If you're not incredibly mad right now, and actually want to start following me, please let me know so I can return the favor. ;)

12 comments:

  1. I picked Throne of Glass too. I just couldn't understand all the love for this novel. It was okay but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add, new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Throne of Glass is on my Kindle, I haven't gotten around to it. Starcrossed - I am not sure if I will ever read it.
    My post - FF #1
    New follower via GFC, follow me back? :)
    Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer they didnt live up to your expectations.
    I havent read either of them, but I am planning on reading Throne of Glass... at some point in time.

    Old follower-
    Stop by My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I've yet to read these but would love to. It's a shame you didn't like them! New follower & thanks for stopping by :).

    Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! I've heard mixed things with Throne of Glass. Haven't decided whether to take the plunge or not.

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of 'Starcrossed' before, but that sounds like the sort of thing I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Not in to 'insta-love', and the premise sounds kind of boring to me -- I need blood and explosions and violence, people!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quite enjoyed Starcrossed to be honest but I will agree that it wasn't as awesome as everyone was making it out to be. Having said that I don't know if I should continue the series or not :/

    New Follower :)

    Check out my FF at http://theyabookgeek.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/feature-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL you are the third person (second in a row) that's said Throne of Glass. I don't know if I should read it out of morbid curiosity now. :)

    New Follower via GFC!

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehe, I liked Starcross, but I think what got me was the setting in Nantucket :) Haven't read the other... not sure that I will! Thanks for stoppin' by :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I agree Throne of Glass wasn't as amazing as everyone was saying it was, I did enjoy it. Starcrossed was a bit hit and miss with me. Although I do own the sequel. :/

    Becky @ A Reader’s Devotion

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)